Tuesday, December 15, 2009

John Beaulieu - Calendula




JOHN BEAULIEU - CALENDULA
(a suite for pythagorean tuning forks)
1997
the relaxation company

here we have some more metal resonances. a suite of healing music by tuning fork master john beaulieu. each side explores different sets of intervals with a couple of longer pieces that open and close the tape. close your eyes and let the tones soothe your body / mind. enjoy!

visit mr. beaulieu's website -> HERE

“Inspired by John Cage's experience, I sat in an anechoic chamber for five hundred hours over a period of two years and listened to the sounds of my own body. I began to correlate different states of consciousness with the different sounds of my nervous system. Being a trained musician, I noticed that the high-pitched sounds of my nervous system consisted of several sounds in different intervals. Then one day I brought two tuning forks and tapped them. Immediately I observed that the sound of my nervous system came into resonance with the sound of the tuning forks. It was then I realized that people can be tuned like musical instruments!"

No comments:

Post a Comment